Living in Europe makes me have a wish list of American products that I can’t get around here. One of the brands I’d love to get the chance to buy is Earth Balance. Their Original Buttery Spread is part of my daily dreams and every time I heard about a new product I have to think “Why? Why aren’t them sold in Europe?”. Not much to do besides waiting every chance to go to the US to buy and try each of them.
Recently I’ve been consuming a lot of coconut products so I can’t stop thinking about Earth Balance Coconut Spread (how amazing is just the sound of this?). You can find some great recipes at the Earth Balance website and we’re sharing one today with our readers: Classic Coconut Macarrons. Macarrons are a must, aren’t they?
Classic Coconut Macaroons
3 cups unsweetened shredded coconut
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1/3 cup all-purpose flour
2 Tbs. tapioca starch or cornstarch
pinch of salt
1/2 cup unsweetened coconut milk (from a can, the kind used in Asian cuisine)
1/3 cup Earth Balance® Organic Coconut Spread
2 tsp. egg replacer plus 1 Tbs. water mixed together
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1 tsp. coconut extract (optional)
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Line 2 bakingsheets with parchment paper.
- Stir together coconut, sugar, flour, tapiocastarch and salt in a large mixing bowl.
- Heat coconut milk and Earth BalanceOrganic Coconut Spread in a saucepan over medium-low heat, stirring to meltthe Earth Balance Organic CoconutSpread. Remove from heat and stir inegg replacer and vanilla extract.
- Stir the liquid mixture into the dry mixture and mix well. Drop batter by tablespoonfuls onto baking sheet, or use a small ice cream scoop.
- Place macaroons in freezer for 20 to30 minutes. Bake 25 to 30 minutes,until golden brown. Allow to cool 20minutes before removing from pan.
* Giveaway (exclusively to US subscribers to our Vegan Package Swap – April Edition)
Feeling lucky? We’re giving away an Earth Balance gift package. All you need to do is to JOIN us to the APRIL EDITION of our international VEGAN PACKAGE SWAP and be an U.S. resident. We will randomly pick up a subscriber on April 8th to receive an extra package this month, from Earth Balance!