We’re getting subscribers from all over the world to our international Vegan Package Swap! So far most of the swappers are from the UK, US and Europe so we decided to run giveaways every time we can to make things even more excited to the participants.
For the April’s edition we’re already running a give away with Earth Balance to our US swappers and now we’ve teamed up with the lovely and talented Hannah Banana Bakery to give away 6 vegan animal themed cupcakes – and you can choose the animals you want and the flavor (anything from vanilla, chocolate, banana, peanut butter, strawberry, raspberry, lemon, cola, candy floss, bubble gum, mint, passion fruit, coconut, red velvet, cream filled, jam filled, etc)! – to one subscriber from the UK. All you need to do to have a chance to win is to subscribe to April’s edition. We’ll randomly pick up a subscriber to receive the box and it will be mailed to the winner. Winner will be announced on April 8th.
I’ve interviewed Hannah earlier this year and it was amazing to get to know more about her and her cakes and was delighted to share her story here. Today she gave me the permission to share with our readers one of her delicious recipes, perfect for the spring. Hope you enjoy it as much as I did!
250g Hazelnuts toasted with most of the skins removed (Pop them in a 200 degree C oven in a high sided tray for 5 mins then use a clean tea towel to rub off the loose skins)
100g vegan chocolate chips or bar
140ml maple syrup (or agave if you prefer)
2tsp ground cinnamon
1 pack of filo pastry
70g vegan margarine (melted)
- Add the nuts, chocolate, maple syrup and cinnamon into a food processor and blend until nicely chopped.
- Take out one sheet of filo pastry and lightly brush with the margarine.
- Fold it in half and brush lightly again with margarine.
- Add 2 heaped tbsp of the mix onto the end closest to you.
- Fold in the 2 sides then tightly roll it away from you as if you were rolling sushi.
- Lightly brush with margarine again and pop on a baking tray lined with grease proof paper.
- Repeat until all of your mixture has been used.
- Bake for 8mins at 200 degrees C then serve warm with melted chocolate dip or a melted vegan cream cheese frosting.