Yes, you heard it right. Cake! Couscous is so good and versatile that you can find many ways to cook it. This “cake” is easy and fast to cook and you can have it as side or main dish.
Oh, All About Vegan Food has teamed up with me, Madonno Gonçalves. I’m a vegan chef and will keep the mystery of my identity and location. From now on I’ll share some recipes here. Hope you enjoy them!
Vegetable Couscous Cake
- 1 1/2 cup tomato sauce of your choice
- 1 cube of vegetable broth
- 500 ml water
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- 1 onion, cut into small cubes
- 1/2 cup yellow pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup green olives, chopped
- 1 can canned or cooked corn
- 1 can canned or cooked peas
- 1/2 cup chopped parsley
- 2 1/2 cups couscous
- Salt and black pepper to taste black kingdom
- 2 tbsp olive oil
In a large saucepan heat the oil and saute the onion. Add the tomato sauce, water and vegetable broth. After boiling, add red and yellow peppers and cook them for 5 minutes. Add the remaining ingredients and stir well until thickened and peel off the bottom of the pan. Put the mixture into a hole shape cake pan pressing it with the back of a spoon. Let it rest for 30 minutes, take the “cake” out of the pan and enjoy!