Is there anything better than chocolate peanut butter cups? I say yes! Chocolate peanut butter cups with toasted coconut!
These tasty little guys are rich and decadent so you may only be able to eat one or two at a time, but this means there is more for later.
Chocolate peanut butter cups with toasted coconut
Makes 12 delicious cups
¾ -1 cup ground up pecans
(I use a Vitamix to make them the consistency of graham cracker crumbs. A food processor would work too!)
½ cup of toasted coconut
(sweetened or unsweetened – I like sweetened)
½ cup vegan butter
(Earth Balance is great)
¾ -1 cup of natural peanut butter (crunchy or smooth)
2 dark chocolate Lindt bars (This tastes the best!)
¼ cup of nuts or extra coconut for the tops
1. Put the pecans into the vitamix or food processor and pulse until it resembles graham cracker crumbs.
2. In a pan, toast the coconuts on medium heat. Keep an eye on this as they can go from golden brown to black quickly if you are not watching. Stir the coconut around every so often to get even browning. Transfer to a bowl once browned.
3. Melt the vegan butter over medium heat in a small pot. Stir in the peanut butter, ground pecans, and toasted coconuts. Mix well and then remove from heat.
4. In a muffin tray (with liners or without – without requires you to use a knife to pop them out later but still works) add 2 tablespoons of the mixture into each cup.
5. In a glass microwave safe bowl, melt the Lindt dark chocolate. Spoon over each one of the cups evenly.
6. Sprinkle nuts or coconut over the top. (you could even mix it in with the chocolate first!)
Now place the tray into your freezer for 2 hours to set. After 2 hours remove from the freezer and remove the peanut butter cups! They can be kept in the fridge and eaten right away. I usually wait 5 minutes from when they are taken from the freezer before diving in!