Some combinations can’t go wrong and make possible infinite recipes using them, like peanut butter and chocolate, right?
Peanut butter and chocolate meet again in this super easy and quick recipe that is so good it should be illegal! My husband made quick work of the first batch and my friends polished off the second one. Go make these now, everyone will thank you, trust me.
Peanut Butter Chocolate Crispy Treats of Happiness
1 box brown rice crisps cereal
1 3⁄4 cup brown rice syrup
Fine sea salt
3⁄4 cup a natural peanut butter
1⁄2 – ¾ cup grain-sweetened, non-dairy chocolate or carob chips
• Pour rice cereal into a large bowl.
• Heat syrup with a pinch of salt in a saucepan over low heat.
• When syrup liquefies, add the peanut butter.
• Stir until well-combined, pour over rice cereal.
• Mix well with a wooden spoon.
• Once thoroughly mixed and cooled to room temperature, stir in chocolate chips. • Pour the mixture into an 8-inch x 8-inch or 9-inch x 13-inch baking dish.
• Wet wooden spoon lightly and press mixture evenly into pan.
• Let cool for one hour before cutting into squares or bars.