These little gems are super easy and crazy good! The pecan could be replaced with any nut and you could even add toasted coconut over the top of them.
Nutty Vegan Turtles
One container of Medjool Dates
Your favourite dark chocolate (one bar to 1 1/2 bars, depending on how many you want!)
One bag of Pecans
(Pecan halves work best so you can choose how much nut you want in them)
A cookie sheet or flat plate
(depends on how many you want!)
Something to melt chocolate in
1. Carefully remove the pit from the medjool date(s.) This doesn’t have to be done gracefully as we are going to wrap the pecan in it.
2. Stick 1 or 2 pecan halves inside the medjool date, depending on the size. You will want to mold the date around the nut. Set aside.
3. Melt chocolate in your medjool dates preferred method. The microwave works just fine for this and is quick! Cool for 5 minutes.
4. While you wait for the chocolate to cool, line a cookie sheet or flat plate with parchment paper.
5. Now you take your pecan stuffed medjool dates, one by one, and drop them into the chocolate. Use 2 forks to roll it around and get it nice and covered. Once covered, lift out carefully and put on parchment sheet. Continue until you have finished your chocolate and medjool dates.
6. Put the cookie sheet or large plate into your freezer for 10 minutes and then move to the fridge. Give them 5 minutes in the fridge and then dive in!