Being vegan for 17 years made me think when I got pregnant a vegan pregnancy and raising our child as a vegan would be easy and more than that, natural. I didn’t thought that was a big deal. I still don’t but after becoming a mother I’ve noticed in our social network that many families are still new to veganism and/or don’t get the support they need to be sure about their decisions regarding their children.
After a lot of thinking and talking to other families we’ve decided to create a new space in the website, All About Vegan Families, to share information, experience, tips and support on raising vegan children. We want it to be a very welcoming space and open to everybody that wants to join us.
We will share recipes, advice and, mostly, stories. That’s why we’re calling everyone around the world to join us. We want to hear you, we want to share your stories with the world. You don’t need to be a writer to take part, we’ll have a very open structure for posts in this space. It will be our special space. We’re waiting for you and here’s how you can participate:
* Sharing stories: we are open to receive and share your stories regarding going vegan as a family, raising a vegan child or being raised as a vegan. If you want to share your experience, please send us an email at allaboutveganfood (at) gmail (dot) com
* Family Q&A: we’ll publish a small Q&A with some questions we think can help other families to understand and relate to our experience as vegan families. Wanna be part of it? Drop us a line: allaboutveganfood (at) gmail (dot) com
* Recipes: do you cook to your family? We’d love to share your recipes!
* Professional tips and advices: do you work with vegan families as a nutritionist, doctor, pediatrician, teacher, etc? We’d love to interview you.
* Authors and bloggers: we’d love to have you as a guest writer in this special space to share your experience or review your books.
* Companies and products: do you offer products that are suitable for the whole family? We’d love to review them! Please contact us.
All About Vegan Families will be online in the end of February 2015 and we’re looking forward to have you all on board, showing the world how amazing – and perfectly healthy – it is to be a vegan family.
Photos by Leandro Silva