From now on we’ll be pushing some of the vegan recipes from the amazing The Happy Pear! Thanks a million guys and hope you all enjoy this space!
Vegan Feta Cheese, is easier to make than you think, and so much tastier that you’d imagine. It’s a perfect addition to any salad, sandwich or even pizza!
Vegan Feta Cheese
145g ground almonds
40ml lemon juice
3 Tbsp sunflower oil
2 cloves garlic
1 1/4 tsp salt
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees Celsius
- Blend all ingredients on a slow speed until it forms a nice, homogenous texture. If you aren’t using a high speed blender, you will need to mince the garlic beforehand
- Line a small bowl with a clean cheesecloth or another thin cloth (e.g. a J cloth)
- Pour in your ‘cheese’ and then pull the cloth together at the top and squeeze out any excess moisture into the bowl.
- Line a small loaf tin (or any other small tin) with greaseproof paper
- Once you have removed all moisture (about 2 minutes), pour the cheese mixture into the loaf tin and spread it out so that it is about 3cm high
- Bake in oven for 30 mins and then leave to cool for another 30 mins
- Ready to slice, crumble and DEVOUR!!!