The weather is changing, so this simple, cheap and nourishing dish is full of anti-inflammatory properties to help keep those winter sneezes away!
Creamy Turmeric, Squash & Rosemary Pasta
Pasta (I like to use Brown Rice Pasta)
1 butternut squash
1-2 cloves of garlic
5 tablespoons of nutritional yeast
Non dairy milk (cashew, oat or soya will work best)
Small chunk of fresh turmeric
Fresh rosemary (one pack)
Tamari (or soya sauce)
1. Chop the butternut squash in half , take out the seeds and put it in the oven (200deg) for 45-60 mins (until the flesh is very soft)
2. For the last 10 mins , put the turmeric and garlic in a small bit of coconut oil and black pepper and put in the oven
3. Put the mushrooms and chopped red onion in an oven dish with 2 table spoons of Tamari and put in the oven for about 10-15 mins
4. When the butternut squash is done, scoop out the flesh and place in a blender with the roasted turmeric and garlic, cashews, nutritional yeast, rosemary and milk.
5. Add the rosemary and milk gradually; the rosemary to suit your taste , and milk to ensure you get the thick, creamy consistency. Add a pinch of salt too to tie the flavours together
6. Blend it all up until smooth.
7. Mix it with cooked pasta and the roasted mushrooms & Onion!